ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

MY LONG CRAFTY WEEKEND!!!


So, I have been dying to make myself a baby budget
book, so I can keep track of things I need and set up
a budget to know where my limits are. This is my 2nd
child and my 1st is 7, so I am pretty much starting over
again. The only thing I have so far that was pretty pricey
is a Jeep 3 wheel stroller, and a good friend has a brand
new one that her grandchildren never used. I was so
excited when she said I could have it. So now I have to
buy a crib, dresser, changing table, swing, high chair, and all
the other fun stuff. I have to thank my friend Gwen for this
idea. She made a fitness diary so I took her idea and made this.
This is the front of the book, I modge podged paper to the
front and added a green layer. Then but cute buttons on
the side to give it some pizzaz!! By the way the P is for his name
which after a long talk we FINALLY both decided on a name
that I am so excited about because Landen kind of picked it
out and we both fell in love with it!! So, his name is going to be
PRESTON ADAM OLSON!! (we still haven't decided on spelling
but so far I like this. I have never liked to follow trends and have
the same spelling as everyone else, which is why my 1st born is
Landen with an "E" instead of Landon with an "O" which everyone
thinks that's how he spells it)!!


This is the front inside, which I had to make a pocket
because I know I will see things in a magazine, that I will
forget about later or misplace it. I just taped the sides and
bottom and put a cute border on the top and a sticker in the
middle!!


It was easy, took me 20 minutes. Unfortunately,
I have to end my crafty weekend, because my house
is in need of some attention. I had a blast, but didn't get
done what I wanted too. I have next weekend though to
finish up!!!!!


OK!! Here is a valentines card!! Yeah I know again
very simple and easy!! Once I start at something,
the ideas will start coming. I am going to actually
start making Landen sweetheart holders with cute
ribbon ties, so thats my day tomorrow. Let's see if
I get sick of it or not!!


This was easy!! It probably looks a tad bit
preschool ish, but I have never made cards before so, I am
glad I am even trying!!


Ok, so I was so excited to come home and start my
weekend of card making, and other projects, so I started
with this!! I have to tell everyone though, I left all the
stamps a friend from work gave me in my tahoe so this
was basically just the tools I had so obviously it's plain!!


Also, I only had scissors and tomorrow I am going
to buy a paper cutter because I am not so proud of
this!! So, this is a cute pocket with a card I got from
stampin when I can. It was really easy but I couldn't
get it perfect. It's a little crooked!! Besides the fact
that I could not get my damn camera to take a great
picture!! Well, this is all for now but will have more to
come soon!! I don't have a clue what card this will be
meant for so please if you have any ideas, let me know!
I am new to this whole crafty thing. I am a scrapbooking
kind of a girl!!! But, my friend Gwen from work is so
amazing with cards she made me want to take a stab
at it!!

6 comments:

Gwen said...

wow Nina!
So, So cute!! I love that pocket card...I need to try to make one of those!!!
Have fun...I will check back later!
Gwen

Gwen said...

That book turned out so good! I just love it...good idea for the pocket I think I need to do that!!!

Katie said...

I think Preston is a great name! Your projects are adorable, I need to learn how to modgepodge!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Love the name Preston!! You are doing a great job on being crafty! I remember those days. **Sigh with a longing for days before kids**

I am gonna get rid of my Sienna Swirl BeAll Ju Ju Be bag. Let me know if you want it!!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I am quite impressed. I wish I was crafty! Lunch should be fine as far as I know. I never know what's going to come up but keep me posted on when and where and it should be fine. I still need to e-mail you... I will. Life is just crazy busy right now!