ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS

Ok so as most of you know, we have been dealt a great hand in this pregnancy. So, just to let everyone else kind of know what is going on here is a up to date for you. So, last week I spent Sat night and Monday afternoon in the ER and stayed down the rest of the week to be back to work on Monday this week. Might I say too, that it sucked!! It was the most boring week ever. I would much rather be working or doing something productive instead of staring at the TV all day long. It got so bad, that now I have like 100 commercials memorized word for word. So, Friday was my appointment with my actual OBGYN and when I woke up and went to my appointment alone because Adam was somewhere in Phoenix. So, when I get there she just went over my trips to the ER and told me being in bed was the best thing I could have done this week and she released me to return to work on Monday.

So, then she had told me that she got the results back from my ultrasound and she wanted to discuss something with me. (All of you that have kids know that when something like that is said, its no good). Being that I was alone I think she was hesitant to spill the beans. She said that little Preston has a heart condition called echogenic something something... some big long word that is too big for my vocab. So, as my eyes started swelling up she told me that I would need to have a fetal echocardiogram done and she had to rush through a preapproval from my insurance company. She said that 2 things can happen with this. 1- He will grow out of it by the time he is born or shortly after. 2- He will have to have surgery done right after he is born. So, this morning at work, I got the call from the cardiologist. My appointment is tomorrow morning at 7:30 A.M.!!

So, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as I am so stressed and scared about all of this. The thing that scares me the most is what news will come next. My worst fear as a mother is seeing my child in any amount of pain at all and I don't want know how I would get through it, but I guess I just need to take it day by day.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Nina, Hang in there girl!! I will get steve to call adam tonight or even better I will call you!!!

Maren said...

hang in there nina! everything will work out. just remember that Heavenly Father wont give you anything that you cant handle. there is a reason for everything, sometimes we just dont understand it. stay strong and healthy for little preston.

Unknown said...

Nina, I know how scary that news is! Matthew has echogenic focus in the left ventrical of his heart. I had to go through an extensive ultrasound to rule out any other major issues. Luckily he is a healthy little boy, and he'll just outgrow it. I understand your worry, and my thoughts and prayers are with you!