ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Monday, April 14, 2008

IDEAS!!

So, after a weekend of looking through a ton of magazines, I still have no ideas for the baby's nursery.  So, Adam went and got swatches for paint and I found 2 that match perfect.  He thought of painting stripes but that's so not in anymore.  So, I am stuck and need help!!  I was thinking to incorporate more colors that don't match his bedding, like lime green or something.  I also saw this cute idea.  It's a sign that says "All because two people fell in love..."  and then putting a picture of Preston framed below it when he is born!  Honestly, I just have no clue.  That room is super plain and I need to pizazz it up!!  I know an area rug would be cute, but should I do a plain color or should I try to find one that has blue and brown?  Please leave a comment of all your ideas to help me out.  Being pregnant has totally fogged my brain so I can't think straight.  Anyone else feel this way when they were pregnant?  Time is getting close and I swear I totally remember the last 2 months being the worst ever.  It's like time goes by so so slow!!  

6 comments:

Alicia said...

you can do dots on your wall from the colors in his nursery stuff that you have.

a cool saying would be good too. I think it looks great already!! Don't forget to get hand and foot prints when he is born and put that in a frame. That would be fun too!!

Hope those ideas help. :-)

Janelle said...

It is super cute how it is, but I know how you feel. I think paint would help, but I actually think a more mellow color than lime green would look great. Thats just my opinion though. Like a brown or dusty blue to match his bedding. Some cool things I considered were putting bead board around the bottom half of wall, doing that a shade darker of the color you do on the top. I also saw a picture in PotteryBarn with bead board over an entire wall painted the same color as the other walls, but the different texture made it look really cool. My friend has a room in her house painted all brown with one thick stripe horizontally around the room about a foot thick, closer to the ceiling than the floor. It looks cool. I think an area rug would be cute, but my style would be just a solid. You could spruce it up and bring other colors into it by mod-podging frames and making a magnet board with fun magnets (that's what I did). Have fun whatever you do!

Aimee said...

Good crap, I think you need to stop thinking about the nursery for a second & just relax. Just sit there & don't do anything or think about anything! ha ha, I know that's impossible for you, but give it a shot!! :) I hope things are good & you are doing well. I'm looking forward to a summer visit. And I'm hoping P comes on my birthday.

Love you guys!!

The O'Havers said...

Hey Nina...text me your email. I have pictures of my cousins baby room that used those colors that is really cute. Maybe you could get a few ideas from that!

Katie said...

Are you doing newborn shots? I printed several of my favorites as 8 by 10's and framed them and staggered the frames like I saw in a Pottery Barn Catalog. I love it! Also, I have a solid brown area rug in Quinn's room and I love it. It has a pattern in the brown so it has dimension but it's not too crazy. Target has great area rugs!

Kristy Martin said...

Did you decide on paint?? I think I finally did. I'm just leaving the wall the tan color it is(you could do mostly blue?!?), and painting one huge stipe (like 18 inches) around the room horizonally in a chocolate brown like my bedding. Then I may add a 2 inch one above it or below it. Simple, but I think I'll like it....now just if I could find the time to do it!