ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

CHRISTMAS/NEW YEARS VACATION!!

Well we finally made it to utah 7 a.m. on Sunday. Sunday night we all went to Claudia's to play the grocery game. It's the funnest thing at Christmas. Claudia goes out and get a zillion things to include stuff at bath and body, snacks from costco, jewlery, hair stuff etc. So, we put everyone's name in a bowl and draw until all the gifts are gone. It takes about 2-3 hours to finish, but it's so so fun.
Monday we did a little bit of shopping and got Landen from the airport. Christmas eve, we wake up Adam goes snowboarding and I rush Krew to the E.R at primary childrens hospital. He was having a very hard time breathing. They ended up having to put tubes up his nose and suck everything out. I got to sit back and watch him scream his brains out. It was not the funnest thing to see. Claudia and Brycen came over to spend the night at Tricia's for Christmas the next day. We stayed up till about 4 am wrapping gifts.
Christmas came and the first thing my 8 year old says (every parents nightmare) is, "Mom, I know Santa isn't real, I know it's our parents that put out presents." Then I say, "Oh really, and what makes you think you know he isn't real?" He replies, "because Santa's gifts are wrapped in the same wrapping paper that your gifts are." I wasn't even about to try to convince him. I just sat there thinking wow he is growing so fast, it's been 8 years and I can't even convince him that Santa is real anymore.
Whitney finally came home later on Christmas day and we had so much fun spending time together.
Friday we all went snowboarding and that was a whole new experience in its own. I think I started getting frost bite in my toes but thanks to Janelle, she rubbed them back to life. They were burning so so bad I thought they were going to fall off. Whit and I gave ourselves pedicures and they turned out cute.
Saturday the boys went paint ball shooting and whit and I decided to wake up early and go get some stuff done before they get back. We went shopping and got Krew some really warm clothes. We came back, got ready and off to return the rented snowboarding equipment.
Not much happened between then and New Years eve. We made plans to go to Vegas on New years eve, but that didn't happen either. Everyone was gone so Trish wanted to take a quick trip to Vegas on our way back to AZ. We finally left on Thursday at 4 pm. Oour money was gone in one night and we left early Saturday morning back to AZ. FINALLY HOME AT LAST.
So, all in all, the trip sucked except for a few days. I think it would have been better just staying here and maybe meeting up with some of the family in California towards New Years eve. It's kind of a good thing though because it's opened my eyes a lot to know what my priorities are and it's also helped me take a few steps back. When I say that I mean, for the last year I have been wanting to move back to UT really bad, but this trip has definately changed my mind on that. I never never never want to go back there ever again. Only if I fly and only for a couple days, never for 2 weeks. Too much drama and too many past memories that are not good ones. I am so so glad to be home in AZ where we belong.


2 comments:

Janelle said...

Sorry the trip wasn't all you dreamed it would be, but it was still great to see you all. Don't write off coming back to Utah completely, there are plenty of good times too! Love you all!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

so sorry about your little guy getting tubes up his nose. So sad! There is no place like home! Glad you are back in AZ.