ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

GO EAGLES, GO EAGLES!!! WOO-HOO!!

Ok, so I have to make this post official because yeah yeah I grew up in AZ, but honestly I am an Eagles fan, actually just a McNabb fan. Ya see Don and I we go way back, back to the day I didn't know who the crap he was and met him at the cheesecake factory. Here is the story.
So, oh about 6 or 7 years ago I worked at the CCF (cheesecake factory) at the Biltmore. I don't remember what day of the week it was, but I remember being almost done with my shift and the manager comes up to me and says hey I have a party of 9 guys I need you to get right on!! It kind of went like this.
Nina: "Ugh!! You're kidding right? I really have to deal with these guys."
Manager: "Um yes you do!!"

(as I go up to the table)
Nina: "Hey what do you guys want to drink." (as I am rolling my eyes)
Andre (one of Donovan's closest friends): "Ummmm, I'm sorry did we do something to make you mad?"
Nina: "No, other than I have to serve you rather than going home, so let's speed this up."
Andre: "Do you know who we are? Do you know who this guy is?" (As he points to Donovan)
Nina: "No, and I really don't care!! But, I am sure you think I should treat you like you are some famous person. Oh, was that what you wanted to tell me, was that he is famous? Cause I am pretty in tune with who comes in and out of here and I have never seen you on TV or in the movies so spare me."
Colby (another friend): "Oh wow guys we just got dissed from a server."
Donovan: "No, it's cool, just bring us all Strawberry Lemonade, we will make it quick."

Manager: "Oh my gosh, Nina you have to do me a favor, get his autograph. That's Donovan McNabb!!"
Nina: "Who the crap is Donovan McNabb?"
Manager: "Are you serious? He is the quarterback of the Eagles. Anyways, please ask for his autograph for my son."

Nina (as I am bring back their drinks): "So, apparently I feel like a complete idiot and you are really some famous guy on TV, just not what I watch."
9 guys at the table: (LOL< LOLDonovan: "It's ok, just don't make it a habbit ok. Just kidding, really though it's ok I forgive you, but only if you promise that you will watch and root for me from this point on."
Nina: "Even if you play the Cardinals."
Donovan: "Yes maam, even if we play the Cardinals, and beat them. Otherwise, I will ask right now to switch servers! (wink)"
Nina: "Ok it's a deal."

So, here we are and he has been my favorite ever since. Besides the fact that he is the honestly a really good guy.
Every sunday, I get a constant reminder (when I use to work at CCF and even in 2007 when I worked at the Chandler one) from Andre, who comes in and sits at one particular place and has his yummy waffles with extra chantilly cream. He reminded me constantly about the nasty server they once had!!
LOL
GO PHILLY'S!!



AND SO IT IS!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

What a fun story!!! Wish I could meet someone as cool as that! I would have the same reaction. I don't keep up with stuff like that.

Kristy Martin said...

Brian has been framing his new house down here in Gilbert for a while now, and has been WAITING for him to "stop by" and see it....