ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

BEST BUDS!!




Ok, so I had to tell you all the cutest saddest story ever.  So, yesterday Landen came to visit me.  When he came over the 1st thing he said to me when I opened the door was, "UH I already know where Adam is you don't have to tell me."  I was like ok, so why is such a big deal, he went to Utah who cares.  So, I was like "Are you mad because you wanted to go up to play with Brycen?"  He said "NO that's not it, but I just don't want to talk about it."  I was a bit taken back because Landen is not like that.  He just goes with the flow.  Anyhow, he is 7 like it matters if Adam is gone for a weekend RIGHT!!!  
WRONG!!!!!!!  So, like 20 min later we were at the kitchen table eating lunch and the light was shinning on Landens face just right for me to realize, I  see dried tears on his cheeks.  I was like "Landen have you been crying?  What's going on are you ok?"  
He proceeded to tell me, "Mommy I am just really sad that Adam is gone, I miss him so much and I wish he was here."  I was like ok kid, he is coming back on Sunday so when you get dropped off on Sunday evening for the week, he will be home.  Uh no, that was still not ok.  He was sad that Adam wasn't here to see him while he came to visit me, so basically he was really only wanting to come to see Adam, not me!!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I mean they spend every waking second together on our weeks with him.  From wrestling to playing catch to tag you're it.  When Landen gets scared at night, he won't even come crawl in bed on my side, only on Adam's.  
I am seriously the luckiest person in the world to have married the WORLDS GREATEST STEPDAD.  They wouldn't be able to live without each other.  He is like becoming Adam's mini me.  As you can tell from the pictures, they even have a matching outfit.  Not to exclude the matching Jordan's they have!!!  Trust me I am bragging more than complaining.  I have dated lots of guys before I got remarried and I swear none of them could do for Landen what Adam has been able to do.  Landen has already told me all of these ideas of what he wants to do for Adam for fathers day.  
It's a really good thing too that Charley and Staci are like our family.  She is like the WORLDS GREATEST STEPMOM.  So, my life couldn't be any more perfect in this category.  I feel pretty fortunate to have them in my life!!  It's like when you get divorced (with a child involved) it's the most important relationship to have (besides marriage) because it determines your child's happiness.  I know several people who are in the same boat, but hate their ex or ex's wife or vise versa.  I probably couldn't say that I looked at Charley as my family a year ago, but it has been really really hard work to get to this point.   My opinion, I don't think life would be this way if it wasn't for Staci!  Besides the fact that we are really close, she is by far the only person that can be married to Charley :)!!  Thanks Charley and Staci for doing what you do for Landen, and us.  
I love you Adam thanks for being such a great stepdad to Landen.  No matter how tired you are from a long day, you are always up for hanging with him!!  

3 comments:

Janelle said...

What a sweet guy! I am so glad that things are going so well! I am glad he finally got to meet Ryker...just wish you could have been there too! Hope you are feeling better after a relaxing weekend. Take care! I will post pictures from the blessing soon so take a peek..

megan allen said...

What a sweet tribute! You are a great girl and I'm glad everything has worked out so well for you all!

SBrooks said...

Awww - way to cute! Go family bonding! Adam - you rock!