ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

THE NURSERY IS ALMOST DONE!!

Ok, so here it is.  So far.  I can't do much of anything so my dad went and got all of our furniture and unloaded it into our garage and Charley came over and helped Adam get it upstairs (3 flights to be exact) I was sore just watching them.  This stuff is like 100% mahogany wood, so each piece weighs like 200+ lbs.  So, Adam was determined to get it all set up for me and he did it.  He drove 12 hours to get home by 5 and then he really really wanted to get the babies stuff together.  I loved it, except when he got some of the pieces out, I noticed it was warped on the headboard and had a couple dings on the dresser.  Of course my first thought was to call and rip into them, but I am learning that that's not always the best option.  So, we got everything set up and here are the pictures of his room.  It's not all complete yet.  As soon as he is here I am going to paint a wall and put pictures and stuff up so it's not so bland!!  The funny thing was that he has so much room for clothes.  We only filled 2 drawers and 1 with diapers.  He still has 4 drawers left.  What am I going to do with all that extra room.  So, basically we have everything we need for him.  Tons of clothes, his stroller/car seat, swing and bouncer!!!  Oh yeah and the big space next to the crib, yeah that's where the rocker is going.  It's the most comfy thing in the universe which I got at my new favorite place Room4baby.  So, I called babies-r-us and spoke to the manager about the warping and nicks on the furniture!!  Oh and yes I wasn't rude.  I was very polite and asked her what my options were.  She said it happens all the time and they would deliver new pieces to me plus send me a $250.00 gift card and she apologized so much.  So, I have to say all around I am happy with the end result.  I promised myself I wouldn't go back in his room until he gets here because I stress myself out looking at how plain and boring the walls are!!  So, for now here is what we have!!


7 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

Oh my goodness, you are SO ready! I have better get moving...I got my bedding mostly done, but still need to paint also, and clothes...yeah, he's got almost nothing to wear! And I forgot I need to start stocking diapers too!! Thanks for the motivation....good luck on bedrest, I can't imagine!!!

SBrooks said...

CUUUUUTE! Love the Preston blocks if I do say so myself (hee hee)

Katie said...

It looks great! I don't know if you have already found a photographer for newborn shots but there is a great lady I wanted to get until I found out she was in Arizona. Here is her blog:
http://embraceyourcreativity.blogspot.com/
She is really afordable and does a great job!

Alicia said...

Everything looks GREAT! Heck my kids don't even have stuff like that, so you are ready to go. The blocks look great and don't worry I am sure that little P will have plenty of clothes before it is over. Gymboree started their sale today!!! That is something to do today.

Thanks for Adam stopping by on his way home. Steve really appreciated it!! Talk to you soon.

megan allen said...

Hey there! The room looks great! Yes Bunco is this thurs. I can't get a hold of paralee and I don't have your number. It's at my house tom. at 7. I'm still trying to get a hold of her but if you can come just leave me a comment and I'll still contact you with more info. Thanks! you're awesome!

Janelle said...

So cute! Love the stroller/car seat.

Caryn said...

Oh, his room is so cute! Sorry about the bedrest. Dang that Doc, she put my sister Rhonda on bedrest too and it nearly killed her to not be active. Don't tell, but she came to Bunco every month anyway!!! HA! Hope we will still see you, if you need anything let us know!