ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

LANDEN IS GROWING UP TOO FAST!!

So, we picked up Landen from school yesterday and it's so odd to me that he is almost 8 and he just knows way too much.  
So, like 3 months ago we went to his dads house to pick him up and he was on the phone.  He was talking like a normal adult.  So, he gets off the phone and I am like who were you talking to?  He said Analee.  I was like, what??  Your dad lets you talk to girls on the phone?  He said yes.  Staci assured me I have nothing to worry about because she is kind of a tomboy and wears the baggy clothes blah blah blah.....
So, of course I thought about it for basically, I haven't stopped thinking about it.  
So, I asked Landen what kind of things he talks about, I mean he is only 7 it's not like 7 year olds have a lot to talk about over the phone.  He was like, "Mom we talk about stuff, she is my girlfriend you know."  Ok excuse me!!  So, I kind of just let it go for a bit.  
Yesterday we go pick him up from school and Adam really wanted to see who this Analee girl was so he was waiting by his classroom and sees this girl come out and says, "crap I have to hurry and get out of here before Landen comes out."  Adam said based on what we have heard, he is pretty sure that was her.  
Landen gets in the car and I asked how his day was, it was fine.  Adam says, "Teed (that's his nickname for Landen) I saw your girlfriend Analee, dude you could totally get a way hotter girl than that."  I say, "Adam don't feed the fire are you serious."  Landen says, "so you don't think she is very cute?"  Adam says, "No."  Landen says, "Well, I am glad you said that because I broke up with her today!"  

WHAT 7 YEAR OLD SAYS THAT!  I was like Landen you don't even know what that word means.  He reassured me he did and oh boy was he right.  He said he is ready for a new girlfriend because he just got bored.  OK I don't get that, in elementary school I never had boyfriends or liked any boys, but I can't believe he is like growing up way way way too fast.  I am so emotional over the whole thing, it's really scary.  
Also, when he was a baby and loved mommy holding him and kissing him was the greatest thing in the world.  He still hugs every once in a while and kisses too, but my worst fear is when he gets to that age where he doesn't think he needs it anymore!!  
So, this morning we drop him off and before we pull into the school he says, "Mommy, I love you alot but when we get in front of the school do you think it's ok if I don't hug and kiss you, because my friends will make fun of me."  Yeah I am not kidding.  That was the hardest for me.  He saw me sad and did it anyway, but it's like what do you say and do in that situation.  It's all too much for me to take!!  

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

How funny! Well, maybe not to you now, but it will be someday. Man, kids do grow up way too fast now-a-days!