ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Monday, July 21, 2008

DOCTORS and SHOTS

Ok so normally I would never post this, but it's been bugging me and I need all the feedback I can get. Plus I haven't blogged for a week and Krew is sleeping so it gives me an excuse to blog about something. I have been really nervous with getting Krew his 1st set of shots coming up real soon. With all the jibber jabber about it being linked to Autism I am nervous about it and kind of feel like 2 months is a bit too young to get all those shots. I would feel more comfortable if he was say 6-8 months but on the flip side, it's like well if you don't what if he gets really really sick. I am stuck does anyone know anything about this. I have talked to Janelle about it, but still have those thoughts all the time. What should I do I just don't know!! I guess I should add that I have talked to my Dr about this and she was super defensive, she said that if that's what I choose to do then they would make me sign a waiver!! I think we are going to find a new Dr.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I talked to my Doctor about the facts and we felt a lot better about it. He gave us a lot of articles to read over so we could decide for ourselves. That's my suggestion.

Nina said...

I second what Katie said...I think it has to be your personal choice and what fits into your comfort zone and of course what you think is best for your children.

We chose to get the vaccinations at the recomended time frames and both of my children did fine. (even with the occasional fever that comes with them)

I would say I was the wreck! I almost cried and the next time I had my husband come so he could hold Bella during the atual shots and then hand her to me right away after it was done so I could give her comfort and loves.

Hope this helps...

Anonymous said...

Just a random lurker here, but I am a big fan of getting the shots, with the option of delaying MMR (which they get at 12-15 months) until 2 years old. That one is different from all the others.

I got my 2nd baby the rotavirus vaccine (its not a shot), and when she got rotavirus at 9 months it was just inconvienant versus needing to be hospitalized. Neither of mine have ever had an ear infection, even though really bad ones run in the family. I credit the prevnar vaccine for that. Those are the 2 I would definitely get now.

That being said, you are the mom. Talk to your doctor about your feelings and weigh the facts versus your fears. Many of the things they are getting vaccinated for are diseases they won't come into contact with until much later.

One more reason to do it young is that there is a schedule and you don't want to have to be doing a whole bunch of shots when they are 2, 3 and 4 and having them be totally tramautized by going to the doctor. Good luck.