ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Friday, August 15, 2008

MY POOR LITTLE MAN!!

Ok Wednesday night my mom watched Krew for us and she called to tell us she thought he either had an ear ache or is teething. Adam and I got him home and all he did was cry until about 10, then he finally fell asleep. Thursday came and after taking Aimee to the airport, he was crying uncontrollably and I finally called my Dr. She recommended for us to take him to the after hours facility at Superstition mall. So, we get there and when the Dr. comes in we kind of tell her what has been going on and that he is drooling alot but no fever and we think he is teething. She does her exam and when she starts looking around in his mouth she finds 2 huge sores on his upper gums. She said it was a viral infection and they are kind of like cankers. We could not even believe it. I of course was freaking out because I couldn't figure out how he would get them so we asked. She said it could be from other kids putting their fingers in his mouth or sucking on his pacifiers and then giving them to him without washing them. Oh my gosh I freaked because we caught my brothers youngest daughter doing that and of course we stopped her right away and washed it, but didn't think to sterilize the rest of them, so basically that's the jest of it. So, when landen was born, I basically created this bubble and would not let a single person touch him without washing their hands. I wouldnt even let Charley's youngest sister hold him until he was like 6 months old. Then Adam made me feel guilty by saying that's mean and we can't do that with Krew. AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, no more listening to that. I am going into bubble mode again. Our date nights are now on hold and no one is going to be allowed to even touch him without sanitizing their hands first.

Well, we took him for his regular Dr. visit today and she confirmed it's a viral infection and agreed with me about the whole living in a bubble thing. She says she sees nothing wrong with keeping your child sheltered and in his own little bubble till he is older. So, at his check, he weighs 12 lbs, 8 oz, is 24 inches long. He is in the 75th percentile, so he is healthy.


So so so sad, he got 4 shots!! Not good at all he cried and cried and cried and all I could do was hold him. I felt so bad. Even when he woke up from his nap he was miserable!! I hate shots. He slept the whole way home and for an additional 3 hours but he is just miserable. Here are some pics of him on the way home from the Doctor.

4 comments:

Nina said...

Oooh, poor little (big) guy! I'm with you on the bubble thing...you can never be too cautious when it comes to germies :O) Good to hear he is healthy otherwise. Hope he starts feeling better soon.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I totally think I will be a bubble mom when I have kids. i get so paranoid about germs and stuff like that and I am a super clean freak. You're not the only one out there so don't worry.

Anonymous said...

1)I totally understand where you're coming from about the bubble

2)I think we have the same car seat

3)Yes I made my own background and I put photos that when shrunk can be collaged to still look like one big photo... make sense? I have a list on my page of others I've made too so you can see what I'm talking about. It's kind of hard to explain this way sorry, If you have digital paper you wanna use I can try to put it together for you, let me know...

Anonymous said...

Oh software... I don't make the digital paper because I don't have any software on my computer, I just get them from where ever - mostly scrapblog - and combine it with ones that match. I don't know how to just create one background for the whole thing, its a couple different papers for the center and the sides. Do you know much about editing HTML because that's the tricky part. Anyway sorry that probably didn't help again!