ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In memory of my Brother in Law



Michael L. Rakes
Michael L. Rakes 6/25/1958 ~ 9/11/2008 Michael L. Rakes of Centerville, UT died on Thursday, September 11, 2008 at the U of U Medical Center as a result of injuries sustained in a tragic motorcycle accident.He was born on June 25, 1958 at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in Lakehurst, NJ, the son of Hershel L. and Sue P. Rakes of Logan, UT. Mike lived in several states growing up while his father had a career in the Navy. He graduated from high school in Jacksonville, FL and later from USU with a degree in Finance. He served a mission for the LDS Church in the TX. Dallas Mission. Mike worked for many years for the Salt Lake City Corp. as an IT Web Developer until his death. He was an avid Harley rider and loved riding with his wife and his numerous Harley friends. Mike also enjoyed participating in various charity rides throughout his riding career. He was a devoted husband and outstanding father, and was also a kind and devoted person to the many friends who knew him. Mike leaves behind his wife, Tricia Olson-Rakes, daughters: Kylie M., 20, Whitney K (Lewis) 13, son, Jeffrey, 10 and daughter, Raegan E., 4; his parents, brother, Stephen C., sister, Jennifer A., (Bordner) and Kathryn J. (Dang); nephews, Christopher, Conner and Seth; and his niece, Jessica. Funeral services for Michael will be held on Friday, Sept. 19, 2008 at 10 a.m. at the Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, SLC, UT, where family and friends may call on Thurs. evening from 6-8 p.m. and on Fri. morning for one hour prior to the services. Interment: Logan City Cemetery. Please send condolences to the family at www.larkinmortuary.com In lieu of flowers, the family suggests a contribution to an education fund set up for Mike's children at any Mountain America Credit Union, under the name of Tricia Rakes.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Nina, I just want you to know how sorry I am for you and your family's loss! It's never easy having to say goodbye to someone. At least you know that you all will see him again. I feel for his wife and children. Breaks my heart.

Nina said...

My heart goes out to you and your families loss of such a dear family member!

Shauna said...

My deepest sympathy at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort. With all my love and hugs!