ABOUT US

Adam and I met in July of 2004 and were married in the Bountiful temple in December of 2005. I am from AZ so we moved back here in June of 2007. We have 3 boys. Landen 10 (previous marriage), Krew 3 and Kade 7 months. Oh yeah and we have 1 little dog, who is a daddy's princess and thinks she well...knows she has him wrapped around her little finger. I am the CEO of this wonderful family and Adam is the Founder and President. I have a masters degree in changing poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning, laundry and blogging. I speak a foreign language (baby talk).
Actually, I have been a Dental office manager for about 16 years at different offices and just started a new small business called Dental AR Solutions. I love being a mom and am so grateful that my husband allows me to be home to see our boys grow up.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Utah!!

So we just got back from Utah and I must say, I will be taking a break from road trips. Some of you know (obviously from the obituary I posted) my brother in law passed away on SEPT 11 of all the days. Geesh!!
Well, given the circumstances, this trip was by far the funnest trip we have ever taken to Utah!! Mostly because we spent the entire week with Trish and the kids and that has never happened before. We had so much fun. I just really wanted to try to take their minds off of everything and just let loose. So we did. We got into town last Friday night and stayed with Sean and Janelle until Sunday. Then we headed up to Tricia's Monday thru Saturday. Thursday night was the viewing and Mike didn't look like himself at all. It was kind of bitter sweet for me, but I know that Trish and her kids will be ok and they have so much love and support that things will be ok. Their 4 year old daughter didn't attend at all mostly because Trish didn't want to expose her to that and have that be the last memory of him. I agree totally. Well, little raegan loves Adam and it was so sad, but so sweet because Adam went into the basement with her to see what needed to be cleaned out and Raegan said "this is my daddy's office, but he won't be coming here anymore because he is at Jesus' house getting his head fixed." Then she said to Adam, "Adam I lub you, you are like my daddy now!" How cute is that. It was good for us to be there for them and after the viewing I thought what a better way to end the night then with some much needed goofiness!! So, I told Trish we are going to be goofballs and take lots of pictures. I don't think I had so much fun in my whole life!! Then, I had to get raegan to pose for the camera.


Friday was the funeral and I was too busy outside taking care of Krew because Adam was a pall bearer so I didn't hear anything that went on at all. Then we headed up to Logan for the burial and by the time we were done all I wanted to do was sleep. We went to lunch on Saturday and headed out at around 3 ish. Of course with a 4 mo old, we didn't make it so we stayed in Page and got home today. I am exhausted, but so glad we went. Here are some of the pictures from our trip!!
(all the grandkids and bros) (goofy nights)
(Whitney all grown up) (goofy nights continued...)
(and again more goofy)

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks like you two did a great job at cheering everyone up! We were going to try and make the viewing but it was Ben's birthday weekend, so we don't really go anywhere b/c of that. Next time you guys drive by you need to stop in and say hi even if it is just for a minute!!

Anonymous said...

I had been to Utah during my last family vacation trip, it's a beautiful place.

Heather said...

Hi Nina! I'm glad you found me. We're doing good! Our life has been a little on the chaotic side since we got the kids just over a year ago, but it's been a lot of fun. This new one will make 5 kids in 2 years for us. Craziness, I know, but we're excited.

Your family is cute and looks happy. It's good to hear from you!!

Nina said...

Sorry you had to travel under the circumstances but I have to give you kudos for doing it so well with a little guy in tow!!! And then have extra energy to "pump everyone else up!" Cheers!

I am not a member of the church (husband and "bonus" children raised LDS) but the strong family connections/values taught in the Church has always been impressive to me.

*(you don't have to post this comment)* Just a little note to you and your husband to say good job!

SBrooks said...

man - those road trips and the price of gas! UGH! Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. How is the job?

The O'Havers said...

Make a new post!! I'm bored!!! Hee Hee...just kidding!!

Anonymous said...

Nina, thanks for keeping in touch! You are so sweet!
I love your blog....Utah is one of my favorite places to visit. Your family is completely darling.
Sorry I haven't visited your blog sooner. Life sure has been crazy!!
Love, Andrea